I have never made fudge before and I thought what better time to learn than at Christmas time! I have my favorites that I like to make around Christmas to pass out to friends and family, but I just wanted to try something different this year. This fudge is a 5 minute recipe y’all! Can you believe it!? Annnnd it’s made in the microwave! I couldn’t believe it when I read the recipe and honestly thought, this can’t be good, but for 5 minutes I’ll give it a try. I was not disappointed! It literally just melts in your mouth. Delicious!
32 ounce bag powdered sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
2 tablespoons vanilla
- Line a 13X9 casserole dish with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray lightly.
- In a large bowl, combine powdered sugar and cocoa powder and stir until they seem reasonably well mixed.
- Pour milk over mixture, but do not mix. Place cubes of butter on top. Microwave for 3-4 minutes until the butter has almost completely melted.
- Immediately remove mixture from microwave and stir well until very well combined.
- Once the chocolate mixture is thoroughly mixed, stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Immediately pour warm fudge into prepared dish and spread.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to set.
I cut in fairly small squares and boxed some it up to take to friends at lunch recently. I thought it could not have been any easier! Will definitely be making another batch soon to add to Christmas tins for some other friends. Let me know if you try it and what you think!
I pray you are having a wonderful start to your December! My favorite time of the year by far!!! Doing my best to slow down and soak it up. Merry Christmas!